Thursday, June 18, 2009

Are You Ready To Be a Dad (or Mom)?

Before I became a dad, I was never a fan of any baby. Nor do I like watching Barney and Dora videos. I hate it when I felt their drool on the couch, much more on the TV’s remote. I get irritated when they cry.

Much to my surprise, the daddy-hood calling changed me. The transition from husband to father can never be really understood books or movies alone - you have to be one.

See if you are ready to say YES too to each of the following. May I point though that they’re not guaranteed criteria. No first time dads (or moms) are ever perfect for their babies. Parenting is a learning experience, mentally preparing for it can help.

Just by how much can you tolerate a crying baby?

Is it ok for baby to drool on your personal stuffs?

Are you willing to clean a baby’s poop?

Can you carry your baby until she falls asleep?

Are you willing to get up in the middle of the night?

No comments:

Post a Comment